Media coverage of the festival in the weeks before it started declined yet again in 2015. This is particularly noticeable in the mainstream media.
The 2015 festival was largely enjoyable, helped by the fact that the weather was much better than it was in 2014.
The Summerhall venue (a relative newcomer to the festival) continues its meteoric rise in popularity.
We managed to see 30 shows and visited 4 art exhibitions. Here is a quick list of our most enjoyable shows:
- plays .. Swallow and Tomorrow
- one man performances .. Wilde Without the Boy, Man to Man, A Girl is a Half-formed Thing and Crash
- entertaining .. Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, How to Keep an Alien, Little Thing Big Thing and The Wonderful Discovery of Witches in the County of Lancaster
- physical theatre .. The Institute and Blind Man’s Song.
- art exhibition .. Bailey’s Stardust.