Our visit to the 2016 festival has ended. We managed 29 shows and 3 art exhibitions. My favourite shows were:
- Us / Them .. beautifully crafted piece on the Beslan siege from Belgian company BRONKS
- Once .. zany, off the wall physical theatre from Derevo
- Teatro Delusio .. funny mime with masks set backstage at a theatre
- My Eyes Went Dark .. well-written and well-acted drama
- Ada / Ava .. shadow puppetry from Manual Cinema
- Tank .. NASA project in the 1960s, trying to get dolphins to speak English.
- Erik Satie’s Faction .. one man show on the composer by Alistair McGowan.
Re the art exhibitions, I enjoyed Facing the World – Self Portraits, Rembrandt to Ai Weiwei at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery and Inspiring Impressionism at the Scottish National Gallery.