Copyright, Disclaimer & Acknowledgements
Copyright © 2006 – 2017
Permission is granted to freely print the contents of the pages on the bkthisandthat.org.uk website for personal use and to keep electronic copies of pdf files for personal use.
Permission is granted to freely copy printed versions of the text and images of New to an Allotment, Approaches to Cultivation, A Short History of Allotments in England and A Brief History of UK Cultivation prior to the Allotment Movement with the following conditions: printed copies are distributed at or below the cost of reproduction; that the author(s) are properly identified; and that proper notice of copyright is affixed to each copy.
Permission is not granted to freely copy printed versions of the Potted History of Sunninghill & Ascot, as it may infringe copyrights of images which the author does not own.
Permission must be sought from Brian King and Peter O’Kill to further copy or distribute A History of Sunningdale Allotments. Further, the scanned image of the map of the allotment area from the 1896 lease which is shown in this history must not be reproduced without the permission of St. John’s College, Cambridge.
Permission is granted to provide hypertext links to any page on the bkthisandthat.org.uk site provided that the links do not obscure or pervert the meaning or intent of the content on that page and provided that the images are not linked for use on other web pages.
Permission is not granted to store downloaded pdf files or html files on any other web site for subsequent access by users of that site. Links should be used to the original versions of these files on the bkthisandthat.org.uk site at all times.
Contact Brian King by email (address on the home page) if you have any queries or requests.
The above paragraphs apply solely to the contents of the bkthisandthat.org.uk website. Related websites, e.g. edinburghfestivalpunter.co.uk, have their own copyright.
The content of these web pages are provided as is without any express or implied warranties. While every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in these web pages, the author & contributors assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions, or for damages resulting from the use of the information contained herein.
Thanks are expressed to:
- The allotments holders at Sunningdale allotments who agreed to discuss their approaches and experiences: Mary Alexander, Joseph Arioli, Pat Bond, Joan Brightwell, Janet King, Helen Knight, Linda Mayne, Fran Moore, Lisa Offord, Peter O’Kill, Fred Parfitt and Eileen Ufton. Thanks also to Chris Parnell for reviewing and commenting on the material
- Peter O’Kill for his general knowledge of local history, his liaison with St. John’s College on allotment-related topics, and for the use of his pictures on the History of Sunningdale Allotments page
- The staff of Berkshire Record Office in Reading for their excellent, proficient, courteous and helpful service while the history of the allotment site was being traced from the role of the vicar at Holy Trinity Church in the 1870s and 1880s through to the involvement of the Parish Council (1894-1983)
- Sunningdale Parish Council for access to the minutes of Parish Council Meetings (1984–2006), and particularly to Lorraine McNeill for her ready assistance
- St. John’s College, Cambridge for access to documents and correspondence relating to Sunningdale in the late 19th and early 20thcenturies and for permission to reproduce the map of the proposed allotment area from the 1896 lease by the College to Sunningdale Parish Council
- Acknowledgements relating to the Potted History of Sunninghill & Ascot can be found in that document.